Sunday, March 18, 2012

Review: Wicked Weekend by Gillian Archer

Title: Wicked Weekend
Publisher: Carina Press
Publication Date: March 12, 2012
ISBN: 9781426893391
Genre: Erotic Romance containing BDSM
Received via Net Galley


The Blurb:



Why did Lauren Vaughn introduce her sister to the man she herself was crazy about? Now Lauren is watching the happy couple at their combined bachelor/bachelorette party-while Lauren sits all alone at the bar. Until she spots a hot stranger with the telltale black handkerchief in his pocket: the signal for "seeks no-strings affair with sexy submissive." Lauren can't take her eyes off him. So when he comes over, she kicks her inner good girl to the curb and follows Jamie Forman to his room, where he makes her scream with pleasure all night long.

But Jamie is a complicated man. He can't handle how desperately he wants her in his bed-and his life. It's up to Lauren to teach him how to make all night last forever.



My Take:


I've read maybe a handful of erotic BDSM type romances in my life so as such I wasn't sure exactly what to expect from this novella, but I very much enjoyed it. I thought the portrayal of a Dominant/Submissive sexual encounter was done very tastefully and gave me (I think) a realistic glimpse into this particular area of sex. It was tastefully done and very hot, just the way I like my romances :-D. 


Jamie was delicious and sexy and I loved how "gentle" he was with Lauren in her first few encounters with this particular type of sex life. Despite her always wanting to have a BDSM type relationship with a man where she could be completely submissive, she's never truly had one and as such has always been slightly unsatisfied with her sex life. That is, until she meets Jamie. He handles her with care, and makes sure she is completely one hundred percent comfortable with their respective roles in the bedroom. This being an erotic romance, they don't spend much time out of the bedroom, but that's totally fine and I feel that there was definitely character growth between the two of them regardless of them hardly leaving the bedroom.


The one thing I had a problem with is Lauren's complete lack of self-esteem. I know she craves being a submissive, and I know that he sister is a royal beyotch and always puts her down, and sure she should have doubts like any normal person during a sexual encounter with a man they've never met particularly when they are going to partake in some "kink", but her constant doubting of herself and her appeal and whether she can truly please Jamie and why he would want someone like her, got a bit annoying. I like my heroines to be somewhat confidant in themselves, we all have doubts, but it just seems that if someone has as many doubts and concerns running through her head during sex as Lauren did, wouldn't be able to enjoy themselves at all.


Otherwise, it was a very enjoyable read. It's hard to be completely objective to the BDSM quality of this particular story having never really read any prior, but I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a super quick and super sexy read.


My Rating: 4/5 Lattes







All My Best,


Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment