Saturday, March 31, 2012

Review: Forbidden Fantasies by Jodie Griffin

Title: Forbidden Fantasies
Author: Jodie Griffin
Publisher: Carina Press
Publication Date: March 5, 2012
ISBN: 9781426893339
Received via NetGalley
Genre: Erotic Romance


The Blurb:


After fifteen years of marriage, Jessica Meyers's sex life is, well, a little predictable. Her handsome husband turns her on, but missionary style once or twice a week? It just can't compare to the hot new world she discovers in the pages of erotic romances. Her fantasies fuel the fire of her desire, adding a new spark to her and Alex's lovemaking. But Jess is afraid to tell her husband what shereally wants in bed-and her secrets start coming between them.

State trooper Alex Meyers is a master at uncovering the truth-except when it comes to his sweet, shy wife. She's clearly keeping something from him. An affair? She wants out? When he finally confronts Jess, he's shocked to learn she wants to turn her forbidden fantasies into nightly realities. But when he takes her to a unique B and B-Bondage and Breakfast-catering to couples and multiples, Alex is about to find out just how far he'll go.


My Take:


Jess has been living her sexual fantasies. In her head that is. She's afraid to tell her husband about the erotic books she's been reading and even more afraid to tell him that she wants to try some of the things in those books. It's a very believable fear, especially because the unknown often is scary. Alex believes the worst, thinking his wife is having an affair. She's been distant lately even after they're together and it bothers him. Until he finally confronts her and all is finally revealed.


This novella is hot, hot hot. It worked well for being so short and as such I didn't have a problem with the plot feeling too rushed etc. It was enjoyable to read and had parts that even had me blushing (and it takes a lot to make me blush.) Mostly, this type of story was right up my alley heat wise.


The one thing that I found I had a problem with was the dialogue. I had a hard time "listening" to the characters as thought the dialogue felt forced and stilted. Not believable. At least not to me. I find this to be a shame, as there is so much potential here to convey so much emotion and it fell flat in this area. I, unfortunately, found myself wanting to skim over the dialogue and get to the internalizations and "action" because it was all conveyed much better than the dialogue. I wish I could have connected to it more as I really enjoyed the story, but problems with dialogue are hard for me to overlook when reading and as such my rating reflects this problem.


My Rating: 3/5 Lattes







All My Best,


Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment